Friday 13 September 2013

Filofax pros and cons: pocket size and smaller


Well, in the first post of this series, I covered the A5 filofaxes I have and was somewhat gratified to realise that I use most of them. In the second post, I covered the personal filofaxes and two Mulberry A6 binders I have. Most of them aren’t in use and I might well sell a couple of them.
In this post, I will cover the pocket filofaxes and smaller.
Here we go:

Type
Pros
Cons
Current use/location
Selling?
Aston in orchid
Pretty colour; 19mm rings; 4 card slots and other useful pockets
Slightly dry feel to the leather; doesn’t quite lie flat
Unused
Bottom drawer of my desk
Probably. I used it for a while and got on well with it, but if I’m going to use a pocket filofax, I think it would be the Baroque
19mm rings; 4 card slots plus other pockets; lies flat-as-a-bat
Slightly useless zipped pocket
Unused
Bottom drawer of my desk
No
Fantastic colour; 4 card slots; other useful pockets; 19mm rings
Does not lie flat; card slots quite stiff
Unused
Bottom drawer of my desk
Probably
(make me an offer!)
Black Cavendish
External pocket (like a wallet); external zipped pocket; four card slots
Does not lie flat; 15mm rings
Unused
Bottom drawer of my desk
Not sure
Black Portland
Four card slots; zipped, gusseted pocket; lies flat-as-a-bat; gorgeous leather
Black, so not bright enough for me; 15mm rings
Hubby uses it
No
Four card slots; zipped, gusseted pocket; lies flat-as-a-bat; gorgeous leather; fabulous colour
15mm rings
Unused
Bottom drawer of my desk
No
Loki
Green patent leather Mulberry
Four card slots; gorgeous leather
15mm rings; card slots a bit stiff; zipped pocket too small
Unused
Bottom drawer of my desk
Maybe; I do love it (but will probably never use it...)
Four card slots (in a mini!!); other useful pockets; fabulous colour; gorgeous leather
Small! Zipped pocket not useful
Unused
Bottom drawer of my desk
I was about to type Probably, then went and looked at it to check the pockets and now the Probably has become a probably not!

So, that’s another eight binders, many of which I don’t want to sell and none of which are in use at the moment (and of them, only really two are potentially usable by me – the red Portland and the black Baroque). Why do I find it so hard to let them go? With the pockets, I think it is because I wonder if I might go back to a planner plus a wallet – the reason they don’t work for me is because I try to combine the two and they are just too small. If I went to planner plus wallet, the 15mm rings wouldn’t be a problem. But also, I think I am just an inveterate hoarder!

Anyway, as of today, I am the owner of 7x A5 filofax, 2x A5 Mulberry, 7x personal filofax, 2x A6 Mulberry, 6x pocket filofax, 1x pocket Mulberry, 1x mini filofax. Total:26

Gulp.

Stop buying them!

No comments:

Post a Comment